Kain Foundation is firmly committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to maintain a safe and secure system of handling your personal individual information, whilst still providing access to your personal information when required. For this reason, we ensure that your personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Commonwealth Government’s National Privacy Principles. Further information on Australian Privacy laws is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
This policy sets out the principles we adopt in order to protect your personal information. These principles deal generally with our collection, use and disclosure of, and your access to information we may have recorded about you.
Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine a person’s identity.
Personal information held by Kain Foundation may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- contact details (address, phone, fax, email);
- date of birth;
- bank account or credit card details if provided; and
- donation history
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Personal information may be collected from you when you:
- make a donation to the Kain Foundation;
- become an employee or volunteer to the Kain Foundation or apply to become an employee or volunteer to the Kain Foundation;
- participate in any project, activity or event organised by the Kain Foundation;
- otherwise voluntarily provide your details to the Kain Foundation.
Kain Foundation usually collects personal information directly from you, when you provide it over the phone, via our website or on a donation form or website when making a gift to the Kain Foundation.
We may also collect personal information about you if it is publicly available.
If you choose not to provide us with your contact details when you donate to us, we are unable to send you an official tax-deductible receipt and letter of thanks.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information for the reasons we collected it. Unless we have first obtained your consent, these reasons and the parties to whom we might disclose it will be reasonably apparent to you when we collect your information and our use and disclosure of that information will only be for our business activities.
If we have marketed our projects and services to you and you no longer wish to receive those sorts of communications from us, you should contact us and we will ensure this is corrected.
Any other use or disclosure we make of your personal information will only be as required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
ACCURACY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Kain Foundation holds your personal information securely through physical and electronic means. We will take all reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
- We do not collect personal information from visitors to our website other than what is supplied on a voluntary basis (for example, as part of a newsletter or survey).
- We will not make it mandatory for visitors to our website to provide Personal Information unless such personal information is required to answer an inquiry or enable them to make a donation to the Foundation.
- Websites linked to the Kain Foundation website are not subject to Kain Foundation’s privacy standards, policies or procedures. Kain Foundation cannot take any responsibility for the collection, use, disclosure or security of any personal information that you provide to a third party website.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you or if you believe any information we have about you requires correction, please contact us by phone on 08 7220 0914 or by e-mail on email@example.com.